Sunday, October 17, 2010

2009 Famous Idaho Potato 1/2 Marathon

After taking the winter off from running, I decided to start the summer running season off by running a 1/2 marathon in the spring. A local (Boise, ID) marathon called the Famous Idaho Potato Marathon in May. I thought this would be a good 1/2 marathon to start with. I did enough training to do a half marathon but the week before, while running, I managed to hurt my foot. I spent the next week off it trying to get it better for the run. The start and finish at 13.1 miles apart. As such, you park by the finish and they have busses that drive you to the start. They also provide a bag service that will take your back from the start and have it for you at the finish. The marathon starts at the Lucky Peak Reservoir and follows the Boise Green belt trail system.
Mike1The race is pretty much flat the whole way (actually, it follows the Boise River so it technically is down hill.
Mike3 Sadly, my foot was not doing well. I did manage to find a way to run without too much pain. It is a very pretty course and that helped keep my mind off my foot pain.
Mike5 I managed to finish the 1/2 marathon in a minute faster than my previous 1/2 marathon 6 months before. Overall this was a nice small 1/2 marathon that I would recommend for new runners.

Sadly, the foot pain kept me from running the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment