Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Turkey Day 5K

Thru my wife’s company we were able to get a discount on the Turkey Day 5K. This is just like its name implies: it is a 5K on Thanksgiving day (in the morning). The plan was to run this race with my wife (whom is not as fast as I am). We got up early and headed downtown. There was a good turnout with lots of people dressed in Thanksgiving attire. My favorite was still the back of the shirt they give out to all the runners:

DSCF0314

The race was a loop around downtown. As we waited for the race to start, they tried to get everyone pumped up and warm but they only had speakers right at the start so we couldn’t hear anything where we were at.

DSCF0316

Once the race got start we where finally moving. The race went pretty well and I had a great time not “racing for PR” but rather just enjoying the course with my wife. She did really well and she really pushed herself.

DSCF0320

After the race we went home, showered and headed over to a friends for a great Thanksgiving dinner. Overall it was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment