Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl–Sweet Potatoes with Apple sauce

I found this recipe on line. Knowing that I would be cooking four things at one time, I was looking for something I could cook in the slow cooker. This fit the bill.

Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes with Applesauce

6 medium (2 pounds) sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 ½ cups applesauce
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup chopped nuts, toasted

Place sweet potatoes in 2- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients except nuts; spoon over potatoes.

Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or until potatoes are very tender.

Sprinkle with nuts.
Makes 6 servings

This was a great fix it and forget it style recipe. My only complaint, and this is a personal complaint, is that I thought it was a little two sweet (but other people loved it).

100_2208

I think this is definitely a keeper recipe but I might tweak it a little.

Happy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment